Thursday, July 23, 2015

ANNE LAMMONT shitty rough draft blog

SHITTY ROUGH DRAFT

Cool title. I dig it. Cool reading too I guess. Sometimes my rough drafts are so shitty I just write another shitty rough draft and other times they aren’t bad but I still do another one because there is always room for polishing especially on a first draft. No shame on Anne Lamott but if i have a shitty first draft my second draft is shitty too. I have to do a few more. Especially as a screenwriter I can do like 8 or 9 drafts and still have like 5 more in me. It’s crazy but true. The most reason short I wrote, I just thought it was so baller. Like it was on point. Turns out it had some good moments but I really need to rewrite it if anything. That’s just the way it is. I usually like to let it sit for a bit then come back to it. It lets me start again with a fresh open mind. My shitty rough draft I did for “the paper” was basically word vomit. I just spit it all out on paper in an organized fashion that seemed organized while writing it but probably isn’t. It has everything I want to include just not how it should be written. That is the beauty of first drafts. It sets everything up for you to know exactly how you want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment