Tuesday, May 26, 2015

week 3: Understanding rhetoric comic

To be honest, I REALLY hate comics. They are annoying. They hurt my eyes. They are stupid, in my humble opinion. They pictures are confusing, and bad. The type and words are hard to read. It is just over all distracting.
With that being said, I do not, not like what this comic is saying.
But I also just wrote that stuff without even finishing the comic. I am still reading and my eyes are starting to hurt with this gnarly, black and white, contrast and it is all over the place. My brain is tired but I will keep going. I feel like complaining. ^^
On a real level though, page 9 is not too bad. It makes sense to me. I agree, each writing situation has it's own demands. I could be writing a research paper, short story, a screenplay, poem, or a slam poem (meaning it has to be angry and have women complain< I just made a joke from last class)
So yeah, each type of writing needs different things and a very different structure and I think that is very important to remember.
Page 11: bottom right square: very relatable. I send myself texts too. If I don't, I will forget. It also helps me stay organized.

I am not really sure what to say. This comic is kind of boring and confusing. I honestly would rather a  descriptive paper. I know as a visual person, I should probably enjoy this but comics just bother me and they always have. I don't even like the Avengers or action films. (it is all a bunch of BS)

I also don't want to be a hater, so I will say, in ways this was help. Page 15 had an interesting part on photos. That was cool because photos are not really my major but sometimes I play around.

At this point, I am just writing stuff.

I know no one asked, but I give it an 6/10 for conveying a message and helping me understand rhetoric things. I will admit the score is a little low based on the fact it is a comic.



1 comment:

  1. I can’t stand this comic style either but I guess it’s better than reading a long boring text. It takes a while for me to read because I’ll mix up bubbles or get distracted by all the cartoon scenes. I like how it gave more examples and was a bit clearer on the topic than the first section. And I also have to write myself reminders or I will forget things too. I got this little dollar notebook form Target that has a stormtrooper on the front (I’m a bit of a nerd) anyway- I have to write down everything in there. Like grocery lists, ideas, and reminders for my day.

    ReplyDelete